We’re used to homemade biscuit and any form of homemade snacks, last school session I tried my best by packing homemade juice and snacks for more than half of the session. This new session I promise myself to pack healthy snack and juice all through the session, so help me God.
Biscuit is one of the easiest snack to make for kids. I have so much fun making the biscuit with my kids, we always use our shape cutter or animal cutter and I always leave them to do what they want.
I hope you give this recipe a try and enjoy it as much as we do. I will be posting the second version of this recipe where I use wholemeal.
Don’t forget to like and share with your friends. I will like to hear from you in the comment box.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 cup/225g cold butter
- sprinkle of cold water
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees or 300F
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper or grease the tray with oil.
- Sieve the flour and measure 2 cups, add the sugar to the flour and mix
- Add the cold butter and mix together till crumbly. Sprinkle the water on it and form a soft dough. Do not use much water just handful
- Roll out the dough and cut into shortbread shape or use a shape cutter
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until cook but still pale. Let cool and enjoy with your favourite milk or have it with this milkshake